Kevin
(Weather Master)
Fri Aug 05 2005 10:16 PM
Re: Avila's reading my mind

Quote:

Respectfully....I was stating MY opinion of the state or organization....it looked sick to me all along....I realize I am going against the flow here! To me, if only had "that look" in the very beginning...anyway, we can agree to disgree...agreeably!

BTW..the next system following along behind TD 9 is beginning to get 'that look'. We will see if it does any better.

As for the rest..we will see. I am just speculating, of course, but it is informed speculation..subject to change of course as time passes and data accumulates.

MM

I know where you're coming from. I believe that a lot of weather watchers are kind of bummed out about today's events. It has been a really odd day, especially in regards to TD 9. Last night the system showed an incredible amount of promise, only to get smacked down today. I'll say this- the weather does throw out its fair share of surprises. We are likely to have many more of these surprises during the rest of this hurricane season-for better or worse.

On another note...Avila's headline for the 5 PM advisory...
"...TROPICAL DEPRESSION CONTINUES TO STRUGGLE FOR SURVIVAL..."

Absolutely beautiful, Avila really displayed a flair for the dramatic there. Just the opposite of being antiseptic, this header was poetic. It brought tears to my eyes.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center