Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sat Aug 06 2005 03:07 AM
Re: Avila's reading my mind

I would say that with all the tropical moisture in place - yeah there will be rain all around the state of Fla for next few days. Basically.... If the sun comes out and it warms up temps wise, then there is a good chance for rain and thunderstorms. I read yesterday that record amounts of lightning had occured in Florida. But with this low now in northern GOM..off the panhandle ( image link: surface )
lots of moisture should be pumped in off the gulf until this moves out.
i would check your local WFO webpage for a local detailed forecast.

Just read the 11pm disc about td 9.....you can clearly see a big low level circulation on floater 2, but as for storms they appear to be to the southeast of center. Shear is present due to the ULL to the north..... i wonder if a part of the system will make over to the northern islands?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center