Ron Basso
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 06 2005 02:59 PM
Re: GOM Brewing

I just took a quick look at the VIS SAT in the north-central GOM. There appears to be at least a mid-level circulation developing around dauphin island south of Mobile. I noticed some wrap around clouds and banding features (at least three diff ones) to the east of the feature. I see what appears to be an ULL north of P'Cola which is controlling the broad CC steering flow. There is also a trough diving south into S La with some dry air. While the upper level environment looks poor for pure tropical development, perhaps some baroclinically derived feature may be taking root. More along the lines of a sub-tropical low? Of course, it looked a lot like this yesterday morning and the convection & banding waned in the afternoon. Pressures have dropped slightly since this time yesterday (about 0.06 in from offshore buoys) with the lowest pressure centered offshore south of Mobile. If it does develop, due to its closeness to land it seems it will be weak and slow. Appears to be a eastward drift of the CC offshore.

http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/satellit...amp;duration=10

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center