Rabbit
(Weather Master)
Sat Aug 06 2005 05:24 PM
Re: Tropical Depression Nine Forms in Atlantic

looking at satellite images it looks as if Harvey is going to be around for awhile, it seems to be slowly moving SE if not stalling out

TD9 is beginning to elongate to the west, and will likely open up into a tropical wave within 48 hours because of the shear; if it holds together, the only land that will be threatened is SE Canada and *possibly* Bermuda

the system off of SC is poorly organized; i only see weak rotation, and i personally think the Gulf system has a better shot than the Atlantic one

other than that, it looks all clear for the weekend behind TD9

something else i just noticed
except for Dennis, everything this year has had the first TD advisory at 5pm (Dennis was 11pm)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center