Random Chaos
(Weather Analyst)
Sun Aug 07 2005 02:31 AM
Re: QuikSCAT pass

Quote:

ok i may be gulliable...but is he really your father....lol...if so i think its great...lol...sorry had to add my two cents...so what is this storm doing anyways? any chance of a north carolina/virginia hit?...my dad lives in virginia and im nervous

Way to early to know. A lot depends on whether it cuts north through a weakness or decides to ignore it and keep heading west. If it goes north it won't do anything to the US, and will probably not strengthen past a Tropical Storm. If it heads east, it could strengthen rapidly since it will be hitting some good conditions before long. The models are all taking it north, but my personal opinion is never trust the models with a tropical system—they have ways of surprising even the best of models. Wait a few days before you start worrying. It is still well out to sea.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center