Big Red Machine
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Aug 09 2005 11:27 PM
Re: Uncertainty Again with Irene

Food for thought...

If it's okay w/ the mods, I'm going to post a link to another forum where a pro met posted his opinion on Irene.

The highlights:
dont see Irene making landfalll North of 33N and may not make north of 30n before she reaches 80 W...the Ridge over the SW states and SW Atlantic Ocean will be in place and LOCKED in....If I had to make the call now I see a 50% chance of Cat 3 and 25% of cat 4

http://www.easternuswx.com/bb/index.php?showtopic=44650

Wow. That's something to chew on. As a nonmeteorologist, this has been a fascinating storm to watch. It really seems like the quote from a discussion on Emily earlier this year (forgive me I forget which disco), "Climatology is out the window this year," could very well be prophetic words. Who would have thunk a storm that far north, that far east could threaten the southeast coast? Never happened before...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center