Clark
(Meteorologist)
Wed Aug 10 2005 05:00 AM
A few notes

After seeing some of the discussions tonight and some of the threads around here, I just wanted to post a couple of notes.

While I may have the title "meteorologist" by my name, that doesn't mean I'm always right. Nothing I -- or anyone else, for that matter, professional or not -- say with regards to forecasting these storms should be taken as gospel. While I do not believe the threat for this storm to become a major hurricane is there, and strongly disagree about bringing up references to Hurricane Andrew in almost any circumstance, that doesn't mean that things will always turn out like we hope.

As Rick on boat mentioned, these storms are very unpredictable. As always, my forecasts and thinking are provided for guidance, nothing more. We just need to watch and see where this storm is going, as I and others have said, and we'll know more about the storm in a day or two. It may not be the most popular thing to say, but given what we know and don't know about these storms, it's about all we can do right now.

That said, I'm probably going to stick more to general forecasts and educational posts from hereon out, rather than getting into discussions. As always, I'm happy to answer questions via PM and such, but I'll leave the discussions for what it should be...for you guys.
-Clark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center