berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Wed Aug 10 2005 07:59 AM
Re: A few notes - Amen!

As I just a moment ago posted...you can't moment to moment forecast, it's own thing to short term forecast or what they call NOW forecasting; it's another when it's current; that isn't forecasting; that's observing. NHC will not sample the atmosphere religiously until it gets within the 120 hour window, which I suspect will be sometime on late Wednesday beginning with the 00Z run on the 11th or maybe later. And once that data is inputted into the model runs, then a clearer picture will begin to reveal itself as to the future track. I also said this earlier, the evolution of the longwave pattern will play a role in this storms' future track and the strength of the ridge to it's NW and if anyone has ever read the extended forecast discussion; it's a headache when you look at the models and what they're telling you; this time it's a ridge or rex block over Alaska that will determine where this baby eventually goes; hard to believe that something so far away has those kinds of effects, but like squeezing a balloon, that's exactly what happens when you take into effect the downstream affects.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center