firestar_1
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Aug 10 2005 04:55 PM
Re: Uncertainty Again with Irene

Quote:

I think it is with certainty we can say Irene is the little storm that COULD. She could go out to sea.
She could hit the East Coast. She could strengthen or dissipate. I gues we will just all have to wait and see what she decides to do but isn't it interesting following the progress of these storms and trying to figure out what they will do next?

I must totally agree... it has been very intresting watching it look like it was going to die out. Then to see the next day she was going again. It has also been intresting looking at all of the models and learning which ones work with which types of storms. I am thinking now it may be feeling the trof to the north west, but I think it will miss it and keep moving west. The next 72 hours will be even more intresting to watch and see how this storm moves and builds (or not).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center