Steve H1
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Aug 10 2005 04:58 PM
Re: Still a TD

But Ralphfl, I have already noted that the models are shifting north, but don't want to lull anyone to the opposite conclusion, that there is no need to be watchful. There are plenty of mets out there that see strong ridging in the east, and the new run of the 12Z GFS bears this out, and actually dissipates Irene east of FL. We are watching and looking at the models because we are concerned, not panicking. Of course the models could be wrong, so I watch so I can better prepare if a threat comes. Rick on a boat posts here quite a bit, and helps to bring some comic relief to the board, and has good observations. He wouldn't be wishcasting either.....he's off the coast of Alabama somewhere. I agree with you that this TD is many miles away and there is no need to worry about it at this time. We are watching it though. Cheers!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center