Big Red Machine
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Aug 10 2005 05:43 PM
Re: Irene's unpredictability

Looking past Irene, which I, in my humble, not so meteorological opinion... have no idea what it'll do. (i'll echo the Ft Pierce to Hatteras sentiment, that's the best bet now) But I'd like to bring up the ever reliable 312 hour GFS. The 12z run shows another low approaching florida in about 13 days. While I wouldn't bet the farm on it, perhaps this is an indication of what the pattern COULD (not will, but could) be for this years CV storms. I had heard some folks saying that they thought we could end up seeing a lot of early recurvatures, but perhaps not. Again, this is all highly speculative... it's the THIRTEEN DAY model... they can't seem to get irene right for 13 minutes, so take that with a grain of salt, but I thought this was perhaps an interesting indication of the rest of the season. Obviously the future track of Irene will play a big role in what the following storms do, so this track could... no make that WILL all change. But it's definitely something to look at.

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/carib/gfs/12/fp1_312.shtml

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center