Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Wed Aug 10 2005 09:22 PM
Re: Irene Still A TD @ 5:00

I heart Forecaster Stewart discussions. His explanations of why and how always help give me insight and a peek into some of the tendencies that storms have. I probably would have bumped it back to a tropical storm status, but I see the logic in why it would be prudent to wait another 6 hours. After all, the storm has shown signs of life and sputtered down before. So some consistancy before giving it back it's storm status does make sense.

I still really don't know what to expect from Irene, and I'm leery of even trying to project out where it'll end up. So, I'm going to take a pass on this one and just watch and learn

-Mark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center