Lee-Delray
(Weather Master)
Thu Aug 11 2005 04:16 PM
Re: EPAC

Hi-

I was a long time observer, now a first time poster (I read the thread & felt guilty). I know nothing about weather, but have learned a great deal about the science in the last week or so.

For the most part, I find the posts very logical and following methodic patterns.

Though concerned about storms living in S. Fla., I don't get alarmed until they are close. I figure it takes me 5 hours to shutter the house.

I do note however, that tossing "Andrew" around did slightly raise my blood pressure. I do appreciate the comments that suggested it wasn't the same environment.

I have a question; one of the forcaster's at the NHC (Stewart?) was going to retaire and go to Alaska, but decided to stay through the season as he admitted it would be active, but not so for S. FLa. based on the location of the Bermuda high and the correlation to our May rain. Opinions?

Thanks for you patience.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center