WXMAN RICHIE
(Weather Master)
Fri Aug 12 2005 09:15 AM
Is this possible?

A local weather forecaster has this to say about Irene. Does anyone think something like this is possible considering the storm is moving NW and intensifying currently?

One thing I see is the building mid level high which will extend itself across the Carolina coast. If Irene becomes imbeded in this building 500mb high this would indeed weaken it. In fact what I see here in the next 3 to 5 days it weakens to a wave and moves westward toward NW Bahamas. The mid level high actually builds so much over it too that it pushes it soutward too. This could raise the rain chances for our area for early next week. We will have to keep an eye on this situation considering that I have forecasted at least 9 inches of rain for our area for August and this may be one situation we could get a significant rain event. This is evident as an inverted trough at 500mb for Monday heading toward NW Bahamas. In fact High pressure builds from mid levels to the surface also in the area over and north of Irene. So this does raise some questions as to whether even Irene gets to be a Cat 1 storm. As of now it looks like whatever is left from Irene the dynamics and effects of it may effect our area at least what will be left of it...it looks to me like it will be squeezed out of all its moisture especially being imbedded into a dry mid level high pressure area. The low level entity maybe all what is left when it gets here if it ever does or what is left of it. The scenario is a confusing one when one tries to see this on the GFS Model.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center