HanKFranK
(User)
Sat Aug 13 2005 01:35 AM
quick reminder

rather than PMing everybody individually (esp. when more than half the posts of this type are posted by unregs), i'm just going to comment in general that the one-line posts frequent above aren't appropriate for the main board. if you're going to say something, add at least a couple of thoughts... don't just say 'its going nw now' or 'looks like its getting stronger' or 'i agree with you'.
i hate deleting stuff people post, 'cause it represents wasted effort. the forum is meant for discussion, and flippant or terse comments keep the discussion very unsophisticated and bland. a short post is ok when it contains a link to what you're commenting on (you know, a picture tells a thousand words). use PM for messages to individuals. put a little effort and thought into what you post; it raises the bar for everyone, and keeps the discussion livelier.
a'ite, i've said my piece. the developing system east of the islands is probably the front-runner in a coming streak of activity. sticking to the forum rules is extra important when the post volume is high, as things can get chaotic (and then the admins don't get any sleep).
i'm gonna go eyeball some more stuff and post later. pretty sure irene won't make it in, but it did get into the western atlantic... already got some thoughts on what may be 'jose'.
HF 0135z13august

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center