scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Sat Aug 13 2005 05:48 PM
Re: The Future Of Irene

Irene has been behaving as forecasted, although I thought she would of reached hurricane status last night, it didnt happen. The NHC is being conservative until recon gets in there and I agree. Again expect her to move along the NHC path and out to sea.
96L is not classified but should be. Clearly a LLC and a MLC embeded together. I think this is actually a TS and Dvorak # are close. Pressures are around 1006mb in a tight area near the center. I bet at 5pm it will be a TD winds near 35mph and pressure around 1007-1009. Movement will be wnw to NW by early next week. Possibly a threat to Bermuda again. This one doesnt have a chance at hitting the U.S. Long range models and Alaska Sat, and obs show a dipping of the trough late this week into the weekend over the great lakes and eastern seaboard. This will drive the next system away from 65W.
Finally as I adv a couple days ago, expect the Sw carribean to be the next system of real intrest as I expect a TD to form down there by midweek. Movement should be NW into the Nw Carribean and near the Yucitan. This was supported by the Nogaps and also last night now by the MM5. Also new 12z runs from GFS now show a low in 6days over the Yucitan and the UkMet showing a low or low pressures in the area. Not sure yet on or if this will be a U.S landfall or where it will go. Matters on the trough going thru the great lakes and how far down into the Ohio valley it reaches to surpress the ridge over the S.E US. More later of course.

scottsvb

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center