Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 14 2005 06:20 AM
Re: Long Range Model

I caught Bastardis' video this morning and no way did he say FL was getting hit. He should have been more clear in what he was saying, but if you went back and viewed it, you'd see what I was talking about. Someone else said the same thing on another forum and was directed back to the video by someone else who corrected them.

He showed a GFS upper chart. The point wasn't so much that he felt like the cyclone would hit Florida as to demonstrate the positive height anomalies that are coming to the Northern Atlantic with corresponding pressure falls and potential for development south of those heights. FWIW, the 7day MRF (GFS) NAO forecast has been very good this season tracking pressures in the Northern Atlantic.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/pna/new.nao_index_ensm.html

I think his bigger point in the video was that the Western Gulf could be the next place to watch for impact mid next week.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center