Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 14 2005 06:40 AM
Re: Long Range Model

Hi all - a little sleepy & groggy. I woke up with a nightmare and sought out some familiar things to do until I could get in a good frame of mind to go back to bed. So, a day later, now Irene looks like I expected she'd look overnight yesterday, but didn't. Very tidied up. And this after looking very scraggly all day long today. Surprise again, go figure. Glanced over the thread and read discussion 38, and checked the recon which it looks like has just started to come in (I don't see anything of note in the 14/05:06:10Z).

I'm glad NHC is pretty sure about that turn. Looking at the sat image and seeing the possibility of Irene getting up to hurricane status, even just so, and still some westward movement, brings things into sharper focus.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center