LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 14 2005 12:31 PM
why people listen to Bastardi

For one because his discussion on his different possible solutions to scenarios is well based and in depth and a feast of facts for people who love weather and being able to watch different scenarios played out. He gives good explanations and even when he is wrong ... I learn a lot about things I wouldn't pay much attention to otherwise and can keep in mind and utilize later.

It's fun to watch his mind work I suppose.

Either way, reading here what you all are saying and still think it is hard to say for sure what a storm will do when climo is so off as it is this year. A lot more variables than in normal years. This year is far from normal.

Read the Tropical Update this morning from NHC and had to look through it several times just to realize discussion on TD10 was a sort of PS with a reference to another site.

Agree with Frank in that the one behind TD10 looks more interesting than TD10.

Everytime I go to look at TD 10 my eyes go elsewhere.

Have a good day everyone, reading your blog Clark.

Enjoying the blogs here.. Bobbi
if you think on it.. Bastardi's column (which I prefer to his video) has been from day one sort of like a blog more than a post.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center