GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sun Aug 14 2005 03:27 PM
Re: Administrative Note

Not Necessarily. I know this topic is wandering away from subject, but I think we must be aware of who is reading this site and keep it honest and reliable. Just because a large number of storms are forecast to form does not mean that they will hold together, go to any one place, or be a category storm when it gets there.
The hoopla has been driven by an anomaly of 3 storms hitting and crossing south and central Florida all in the same year and it is also driven by the unusally hot weather, early storm formation and we could go on. However, we know that many many news outlets nowdays are relying on the most twisted, outlandish, and highly exaggerated news that they can get while sitting behind a computer sorting for rumors. Intelligent people know this and the rest of society does not care. Please remember that JB is a business man first and maybe very talented in reading weather patterns, but he is not psychic.( I don't think)
Take care to only rely on the NHC for good forecasting done by hardworking people who get a government controlled salary that does not go up or down based on popularity but on the taxes contributed by hardworking people. IF there is any problems with the integrity of the reporting it is always an error towards caution rather than media popularity.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center