HanKFranK
(User)
Tue Aug 16 2005 05:04 AM
Re: Bye Bye TD 10

we went through all this with irene. even in some of today's runs various globals aren't initializing it as anything, though it's a hurricane.
we've seen the nhc maintain classification systems like td 10 before. forecasters vary in how to classify such systems, i guess.
if you watch the cimss estimated shear, you'll notice that the shear zone is weakening and becoming less proximal to former 10. it's still too strong to allow the system to do more than minimal strengthening, but not what i'd consider strong enough to kill it. there is dry air infringement on the envelope of the low, but it isn't becoming more pronounced either. i'd put my money on its survival as of right now. all it has to do is keep bursting convection to do that.
HF 0504z16august

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center