Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Tue Aug 16 2005 03:18 PM
Re: Ex TD10 making a comeback(?)

Quote:

Quote:

I think next week will be very busy.What was once TD10 could make a comeback,there is a wave coming off Africa and there is a low that should come off Africa in a couple of days.A low in that postion is not a commen thing,THAT could be real interesting to watch.Enjoy the little lull were are in,cause I think next week will be the start of alot of action.

I think it is still just wait and see and all else is just a guess.

There is always some guesswork in tropical prediction, if there wasn't, we wouldn't be here. That being said, I do agree that what we have going on right now is more guesswork than what you'd typically expect in the tropics.

Irene looks pretty. though I'm keeping an eye on it in case any of my relatives in Newfoundland are impacted. But I'm thinking unlikely, as the storm is being pushed a hair south of due east.

The Storm formerly known as TD-10 continues to sputter convection, T numbers stand at 1.0/1.0 again, and have held them for the last 6+ hours. Of note, the storm is a bit over 2 degress south of the last projected path. it also looks like it has one more major bout of shear to contend with before things could start to relax. if the storm can survive that, and the collapse of the thunderstorms (with the resulting outflow boundries), we might see something develop.

As a slight aside, I find it fascinating what pieces of information people think are more relevant and more apropos to the current situation. It's part of the fun and learning process from my prospective.

Take care
-Mark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center