VolusiaMike
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Aug 17 2005 12:29 PM
Re: Question in BLog

Quote:

Quote:

First off, a quick question for everyone: do you like these daily updates when there are active storm events, or prefer fewer posts on the whole that are edited within threads on the main page?

Quote:

I agree with Richard. The information provided on a continuous basis provides for education, and often entertainment for those of us without the detailed backgrounds in the field. The ability to read the sometimes diverse opinions adds to our ability to learn and better understand the issues. As someone recently said about JB, he may not always be right, but he provides some interesting analysis of the conditions. I believe the same is true within these forums and appreciate the interaction.

I am responsbile for Emergency Management within my City and constantly monitor the site to get an idea of what issues may be impacting us far down the road. We often cannot wait for the five day forecast tracks to start indicating a threat to our area. Many of the preparatory actions we must take often take longer than that (it takes three days alone just to secure our City Hall when in a threatening situation). the information obtained from these discussions allows me a bit of extra time to get ready for possible problems.

Michael

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center