native
(Weather Guru)
Wed Aug 17 2005 02:47 PM
Re: Track of old TD10

Quote:

cape verde systems which this is have always been hard to kill. models are showing a more west path toward bahamas and Fl.

You said it! What's going on? These systems that one would expect to get sheared to shreds are turning into hanger-oners. Let's just hope this is just a fluke and not a trend being established for the rest of the season or NHC very well may have to update their updated forecast for the season.

My thoughts on former TD10 - I believe that if it's survived the past several days in the hostile conditions that it has, this one's a fighter. It might have been ropa-doped a bit but, it's making a come back. I don't think though that NHC will give it it's offical stamp until they see more sustained bursts of convection. My guess is going to be for tomorrow late afternoon (5pm). Early model runs suggest that Florida is once again wearing the target. But, alas it's way too early to start speculating on that sort of thing.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center