Steve H1
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Aug 17 2005 04:19 PM
Re: Aircraft Recon Scheduled

Answer to BigKahuna, you are at the backup site for NRL. but they will pick one and drop the other. Perhaps they foresee dropping it as an invest and going with an upgrade at 5pm.....maybe. As a sidenote to another post, I saw the water temps at 20 nmi and 120 nmi east of New Smryna beach at 89 and 90 degrees, respectively. I don't remember seeing the temps that high at those buoys since I've been in Florida (20 years). Point is, there's gasoline out there to fuel any fire that may come this way. Shear still needs to lessen quite a bit for 10L to start wrapping convection. Needs to get past that troughiness out there. Check back at 5. Cheer!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center