Clark
(Meteorologist)
Wed Aug 17 2005 07:26 PM
Re: Old TD10

scott -- ex-TD 10 has been flaring up convection every day thus far for the past 3-4, partially aided by some upper-level divergent winds, yes, but gradually growing better organized and nearer to the center. With a closed LLC, good low-level organization, and the convection over the center as of the past couple of hours (if slightly disorganized), it meets all of the criteria for being a TD. I guess I should put it this way -- if Irene was a TD for so long despite a worse apperance and worse organization, how is this one not? Granted, it's not the best way to base an argument for this being a TD, but I guess I'm just searchnig for a little consistency. Nevertheless, whether it is a TD now or not, it should get there soon enough.

native -- *if* it gets going, it is the feature some are showing to perhaps be a conduit for TD 10 to recurve. But that isn't a given at this point. As for where the system is in 4 days, that's largely dependent upon how strong it is, whether that low materializes or not, and a whole slew of other facotrs (including the evolution of the subtropical ridge). Can't really say right now.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center