Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Aug 18 2005 11:07 AM
Re: Clark's Blog

"Ridging and SSTs are favorable along the coast, moisture is increasing (and projected to continue to do so), but those pesky troughs are still there along 40W. If those can move north or out of the picture, conditions will become a lot more favorable for something to develop. Maybe later this month."

Thanks but no thanks Clark. I know how "exciting" these systems can be for some, but most of us in central Florida would prefer that those"pesky" troughs remain in place! Thrills can be had at any amusement park, rather than at the cost of peoples lives.
anything that hangs around harrassing anything for a month is pesky. td 10 is pesky too... it's been dead for four days and won't stop thumping around inside its coffin. you're insinuating that clark wants death and destruction and trying to shame him.. when you should be paying attention to the forecast ideas. personally, i think driving is fun.. but you a lot more likely to be killed driving than you are by a hurricane. shame on me. -HF

I'm not saying anything about what I want to happen with that statement. I'm saying that we've had troughs out there that just have kept replacing themselves, which by definition is pesky. I wish no storm upon anyone -- and quite frankly, if a storm develops into a hurricane out at 40 W, it is much more likely to recurve harmlessly out to sea than it is to hit land.

I'm from Central Florida myself; my family still lives there. They had to deal with Charley passing directly over their house and flooding from Frances and Jeanne. I'm going to be one of the last people you see wish death & destruction on anyone. --Clark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center