scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Thu Aug 18 2005 05:12 PM
Re: Back To Life?

Well we have my system that is close to TD status down there in the SW Carribean but the NHC wont upgrade it at 5pm cause they expect it to move into Nicaragua-Honduras by tonight or most likely tomorrow morning. Surface data show a circulation and pressures near 1007mb. Vis sat also show it near 11.5N and 80.8W with convection near the center. IF this was off the east coast of Florida or anywhere in the U.S> they would upgrade this immediatly.
Anyways I expect this to possibly move onshore near ne Nicargua near the Honduras boarder and then move offshore N of there and move NNW near Belieze and the Yucitan later Friday night into Saturday. I bet later Friday into Sat the NHC will pay alot more attention to this. WIth the trough coming down into the N Gulf Sunday into early next week, it could push anything in the eastern gulf ne across florida, and anything in the central gulf N and NNE between N.O and the Panhandle. IF the system is in the BOC or western gulf then if will probably miss the trough and move onshore Mx. Anyways thats my thoughts and this does support a TD,

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center