Big Red Machine
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Aug 19 2005 02:01 AM
Re: TWD

It has been pretty bad Ralph. We've had some big storms. Also, the past few days (at least in my part of FL) our showers have come at night, not in the afternoon like normal, so the rain comes too late to cool things off which is the best part of Florida's daily t-storms. Today at 3:00 I went out to my car (which had been sitting in the sun for two hours. Temperature in the car read 115 degrees (I know that's not the actual temperature, but I felt sorry for anyone who has to work outside... and my car ). After 30 mins of driving around it still read 105. I have no idea what the actual temp was, somewhere in the 90s I assume. Today it was literally (and I mean this literally, not in the figurative sense) hotter than hell. Broke into a sweat walking to the mailbox.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center