Johnathan
(Registered User)
Fri Aug 19 2005 02:31 PM
Re: Tropical Wave north of PR

Quote:

Quote:

Nobody seems to want to drop XTD 10, Here is my take on XTD 10, This is a MLC enbedded in the wave, more I think about XTD 10 is was never a TD only look to be one this would explain the ups and downs for the last week.
Dave

Dave, I have to respectfully disagree with you about old TD10. There was clearly a LLC intact for 2-3 days until about 24 hours ago. My take was that it was always a TD until yesterday. What possibly led to the demise of the LLC was the easterly surge of dry air that caught up to the system & disrupted the circulation. Overnight & this am another impressive burst of convection with the MLC near 19.5N-64W. Will it develop? Probably less than 50% chance but who knows. The latest 06z GFS brings the wave into the peninsula early-to-mid next week. We could use the rain on the west coast of FL.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-vis-loop.html

Agreed...the rain has been absent this year on the coast near me. Most activity has been inland.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center