Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Aug 20 2005 09:15 PM
Re: Water Temps *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard*

So, why is post stating the water temp was 92 degrees last Wed at St. Pete Beach, sent to the graveyard? It was an amplification (in agreement with another poster about Gulf Water temps) of the other post I was responding too. Not offensive, not duplicative. Not rude.

Post a link for the info...can't ...it was a weather report on the local tv station.

Guys, I am a long time user of this site (as I am sure you can see)...maybe someone is getting a little too impressed with their moderator status?

FWIW...and will probably be censored too....

The post was probably graveyarded because of it's one-line nature without anything to back it up, but I'm not sure as I don't know who did it. If it was a media report, please state that. Water temperatures have been warm there -- The Weather Channel maps that they show here on TV show some reports of 95 degree waters -- but you have to remember that those are often right along the shore and are a reflection of the daily changes in the air temperature. At night, those same waters that are 92 during the day are generally going to be about 82. Water temperatures off-shore, where it matters for the storms, are just in the mid-upper 80s as the water is deeper and air temperatures over the open waters are cooler, among other factors. --Clark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center