WXMAN RICHIE
(Weather Master)
Mon Aug 22 2005 12:55 AM
Home brew????

Here is the local take from a West Palm Beach meteorologist, what do you guys think?

A flood potential situation could develop by mid week as GFS consistently has shown a tropical wave stalling and becoming a weak tropical type low to stall right near our area. This feature looks to hang around for awhile right into the weekend. This situation given the very warm waters off our coast would help to enhance convective heavy to strong storms with the potential near the coast as well as inland that may break the consistent high heat and moisture dynamics that has plagued our area especialy this month so far. So, we have plenty of time to prepare for this significant rain event. This is based on my experience what I looked at as a very good relief but maybe getting more rain then what we can handle given with this potential tropical low to develop and stall. A strong high pressure to the north will block it from going north and will being captured with mid upper trough aloft. This situation bears close watch for flood potential problems. This system looks to be locked into place for awhile from Wednesday right into the weekend as it looks now maybe even longer.
I Will keep watching this situation. Skywarn members may need to keep a very close eye on this significant maybe serious flooding situation that could hit our area. As I said again 9-10 inches is what I am calling for during August at least and the official NOAA outlook calls for above normal rainfall.

We could easily go over that rainfall like in June. This last week of August looks to be a real active rainy week. So with all that to make up this could be the one to make up for since we only have several inches at the airport this month so far! Hopefully it wont be that bad but better prepare than be sorry later.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center