Ron Basso
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Aug 22 2005 05:27 PM
Re: Trop Wave in SE Bahamas

Quote:

No such thing as cooling down in FL this time of year, lol. I wish there was.
Rain we can do with. We had so much in July over here in Daytona we almost
drowned and in August just about nothing.
Anyway I am not liking the model concensus concerning XTD10.
CMC GFS and NOGAPS all show this evolving and moving right over FL
The FSU shows it off the SE coast near GA
UKM shows it in the middle of the gulf. With them all agreeing on SOMETHING
and FL being close, definately bears watching

Pam, on board with u with the consensus of models forming a closed circulation. I think the big story with this feature may be its very slow movement. None of the models are really deepening the low except for the CMC. My geuss, & only one, is that we'll get a tropical depression or weak trop storm forming before it moves across the peninsula to the GOM. That being said, some of our highest rainfall amounts are associated with weak systems so this could potentially be a 5-10 incher if it really moves at a crawl as the models show. I did see the latest VIS SAT - looks to be a broad rotation now in the SE Bahamas.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center