Rabbit
(Weather Master)
Mon Aug 22 2005 10:38 PM
TS Jose, 50mph, 1002mb

winds expected to reach 60mph before landfall; we broke the record now for earliest tenth storm of the season (by less than 24hours)--the earliest 11th was Karen and the earliest 12th was Luis, both in 1995, and both on August 28.

we may break both of those, seeing as today is only the 22nd--Katrina may form from former TD10, within 72 hours if it does, and either 97L or the system behind it could become Lee before six days time (Lenny was retired in 1999)

note: this is not wishcasting (although it would certainly be a bit interesting to see); i do honestly think that we will have at least one storm out by Africa, at least by the end of the month, and i also think it is becomming increasingly possible for XTD10 to redevelop. It has hung on for 8 days now, without being classified, and has gotten into a less hostile area.

it is also still quite likely to have a very active season (we have already had an average number for an entire year, and there has NEVER been a year with nothing developing in September). Last year, 7 storms developed after August, which would match Clark's prediction (i think his was 17)

anyone else's thoughts on 10L, 97L, and the system behind it forming into storms at any point?

Edit: I'd love to take credit for the 17 prediction, as that is looking pretty good from where we sit now, but that's all HF. I was down for 14. --Clark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center