Big Red Machine
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Aug 23 2005 04:45 PM
Re: Circulation

Models have now updated: http://www.sfwmd.gov/org/omd/ops/weather/plots/storm_99.gif

Appears landfall west of the Miss. is unlikely. I'll be curious to see the runs later on when they have info from recon. Would not suprise me in the least to see this upgraded today.

Also for those wondering, the floater is off of Jose and onto the area in the Bahamas now.

I feel that another noteworthy development is the fact that the 12z GFS develops the system curently exiting Africa and takes it in the general direction of the islands in about 8 days. 06 runshowed a storm in just about the same location in 16 days (which would be a 3rd system). Obviously the long range models are only a step above the trusty magic 8 ball, but this does seem to show an unsettling pattern developing.
GFS

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center