Clark
(Meteorologist)
Tue Aug 23 2005 06:08 PM
Re: Circulation

So far, the recon appears to traversing the circulation in a counterclockwise manner, flying from the west side of the storm around to the south side now. I'd place the center around 22N/74W -- still somewhat disorganized, maybe not entirely closed off but getting there -- generally drifting WNW. A microwave imager pass from earlier today suggested low-level banding features beginning to develop; the infrared & visible satellite images are beginning to catch up to that. Still broad and overall relatively weak, but it's got warm waters and low shear ahead of it. Scottsvb's post a little while ago pretty much sums up my track thinking for this one -- maybe a bit further south than Erin 1995 and in line with the UKMET & GFDL runs earlier today -- with intensity still up in the air. Interests in both Florida and the northern Gulf east of New Orleans need to watch this one.

The first two reports I have from near the storm suggest flight level winds on the west side of the storm of about 25kt and sea level pressures near 1010mb. It'll depend upon what they find on the east side of the system -- and whether there is definitively a closed low or not -- as to whether or not we have a TD at 5pm.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center