MissBecky
(Weather Guru)
Tue Aug 23 2005 09:43 PM
Re: Awaiting 5pm

Quote:

Eagerly awaiting the 5 p.m. track and discussion. The first track will probably be going over someone's house here in Florida. If it's yours, you are probably in luck that it won't really do that. Hopefully it just stays as a much needed rain maker.

LOL well right now the NHC five-day forecast does indeed take it right over my house. So I guess I'm in the clear.

To be serious though, all morning long I had thoughts of Tropical Storm Allison. I was living in Houston at the time, and I remember how that morning the NHC's website said there was a "possible disturbance" in the Gulf, recon to investigate if necessary. Six hours later we had TS Allison and I was driving home through the start of our 36 inches of rain.

The slow speed of TD 12 worries me. Despite having a dry August, most of Florida has had well over average rainfall amounts for the season. The last thing we need is a storm that will stall or drag its heels crossing the state.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center