Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Aug 24 2005 01:57 AM
Re: katrina problems

my initial thoughts on this thing wants to lean towards SE La.... obviously ridging will be the key factor where this thing utlimately ends up... however anywhere on the northern gulf coast could end up with the problem... who knows what the intensity will be.... IR loops shows that it continues to slowly build convection near and around the center, slow organization continues but I don't see this thing bombing out prior to impacting florida, ULL and some shear might inhibit that scenario... once in the GOM, if that's where it ends up, all bets are off.... major certainly not impossible but I sure hope not... and especially if this thing decides to head towards the panhandle....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center