Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Aug 24 2005 02:00 AM
Re: 12

The Bahamas are made up of many little islands and in between there are many areas (the Bahama Bank) where the water is only 10-15ft. deep and then it drops into deep pockets. Does the storm have a better chance of strenghthening when its over the deeper pockets of ocean in between the islands of the bahamas? Like the Tongue of the Ocean (South and West of New Providence / Nassau)? I believe the warmer waters are in the shallower areas and the cooler waters in the pockets, correct? I would think the actual path of center of circulation would directly affect the strengthening within the next 48 hours if in fact it travels over the shallower areas. What do you guys think?

The center of circulation looks to be farther south than the satellite pictures show which I believe will lead to a landfall a bit farther south in Florida than the NWC model. Just my opinion.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center