Myles
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Aug 24 2005 12:39 PM
Re: Now a Tropical Storm

It might be my might satalite reading, or lack there of, but it appears to me that the ULL that was giving TD12 trouble has dissappaited or is really weak now. The only thing I can see that even resembles the ULL is a small swirle in the coulds NNW of the blob of convection. Is that whats left of the ULL? Or is maybe gone completely?

If the latter, I think the storm has potential to really blow up if it gets it act together and doesn't move too fast. Those waters are too warm for only a TS or minor hurricane to develope if there is no shear, it will probably get stronger then that, if theres enough time.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center