The Force 2005
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Aug 24 2005 02:14 PM
Re: superstition

HF,

I wasn't trying to alarm anyone, but wanted to show that Katrina is in the same body of water as Andrew was in, perhaps a little farther south of Andrew, but I was trying to reference the SST's and the shearing enviro is the ingrediants for perhaps a more rapid intenseification of Katrina as Andrew did in these same waters. The NHC also puts that comment in their discussion as well for perhaps rapid intensification. That is all I was trying to relay.
andrew was coming rapidly west and already an extreme hurricane as it went over the northern bahamas. the waters near the islands actually aren't very deep in spite of their warmth, and won't support a slow-mover as well as a speeding andrew. it will get stronger, but there isn't time for it to get very strong, anyway. -HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center