Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Wed Aug 24 2005 03:21 PM
Re: Movement

The only real danger of a bombing storm that I can see is if the storm tracks NW and doesn't take the hard turn until later. I think the best way to visualize this, the further north the storm lands the stronger it will be. As it is The storm seems to be moving fairly quickly. So, would hedge my bets against any bombing in the atlantic.

97L seems to be moving just south of west at about 17.2N 41W. It looks like a sheared TS, but no worries, either it will get together, or it won't. but I'm starting to think that it may trek west for a while. Which isn't what I expected from this storm.

Nothing else seems organized, Some nice showers around 12N 55W or so, and there is the wave in the Carib. But neither of those look promising. I think there is a wave coming off africa as well, but that's nothing to worry about for now
-Mark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center