Clark
(Meteorologist)
Wed Aug 24 2005 09:32 PM
Katrina Weds. pm

I have no updates to make to my thinking from last night on Katrina -- it is behaving exactly as I predicted thus far and still should make landfall about the time projected by myself and the NHC last night, i.e. sometime around midnight tomorrow night.

For the full update, please refer back to the main page or to http://flhurricane.com/blog.php?met=Clark.

Similarly, I have no change to make to my projected track area, though I would tend to favor the eastern edge of that zone; this is in fact slightly west of the current NHC track, though I see no reason to go against their thinking at this time. Intensity might be a tick higher, though. Again, for the full details, see the entry referenced above.

If anything changes, I will post a full update. Otherwise, a minor update can be expected tomorrow with a full track projection for a potential second landfall slated for Thursday night -- or about the time of the first landfall.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center