Rabbit
(Weather Master)
Thu Aug 25 2005 04:08 PM
Re: A little confused

the eye is not filled, it is simply covered with high clouds at the moment. There are numerous hurricanes and near-hurricanes where it takes about 12 hours after the eye forms to show up on satellite imagery, and sometimes it never does.

motion i see just north of due-west; it is already north of Ft. Lauderdale, and I expect landfall to be on the county line of Palm Beach and Broward, with winds 85-90. As for the recon report, 990mb and 70 mph winds in southern side (weaker) equates to about 60-65 mph at surface, which might indicate hurricane force in the northern quadrant. I expect to see winds bumped up to 70-75 on the 2pm advisory.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center