scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Thu Aug 25 2005 06:10 PM
Re: Models

Im kinda frustrated watching TWC programming.. too much is based on News and not enough information on what the systems doing and where and why its going there. News briefs are fine but detail to the people is better. I would like to see them not just say,,," we expect landfall here and a turn to the N cause of a front up here". Well why? give people details, maybe show diff model runs. Understandably they dont have the time to go over eveything but its better then hearing about people boarding up or what the stores are doing. Thats for Fox and CNN.
Anyways NHC has detailed well in their discussions but have been off on the speed. I, myself been off too. They originally had this 2 days ago about Nassau right now,,been saying for days, " A decrease in forward speed" but its been moving between 7-10mph for 48hours. Track has been accurate to the model blends but the public can see that. Anyways Ill leave my rant at that...........

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center