scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Fri Aug 26 2005 02:22 AM
Re: Upper Winds

Will post more later tonight and again tomorrow afternoon on projected path. Katrina came inland with winds near 80mph with gusts near 100mph...there are some reports that it might of been closer to 85-90mph at landfall. Currently she is 80mph, but wouldnt be surprised if its down to 75mph at 11pm. Movement was wsw to sw over the last couple of hours. This is due to the unexpect trough over the NW Carribean being stronger then forecasted. I wouldnt be surprised if she slows to a crawl late tonight into tomorrow. She will probably be near Florida bay and Flamingo during the morning. After that we will see,,,,for now,, will wait for the 0z runs come out. Remember the models have been changing more then any storm this season. I do have a feeling when it does move N,, a turn to the NE like the dynamical models might happen instead of a bend. I will say no more till later.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center