Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Aug 26 2005 03:19 AM
Re: Upper Winds

Quote:

good eye Margie... I think it might be more of a wobble to the west but tracking the se section of the overall eye feature and it still looks wsw to sw....

Yes I still don't know jack about forecasting, natch, since I have no training or college courses on meterology, but have worked really hard since July on trying to read and understand the sat images and radar images, which is something you can still try to do even with little specific met knowledge. It is enjoyable, even if I can only track after the fact. I'd get so much more out of the info presented here however with some basic training. Am maybe going to try to find some courses I can do either online or after hours.

It is great to be able to come here and find out so much information from all the knowledgeable folks.

I had thought for a minute she was slowing down but holey moley, guess not.

So...the 11pm discussion did mention the direction as 225 rather than 265 deg and adjusted the speed as well, and mentioned the high Phil showed on the wv loop.

Now, is there any chance that all that convection that built S of the keys that Skeet mentioned and that you can see so well on the sat, is going to merge with the TS as it exits into the GOM? Maybe get pulled into feeder bands from the S and help speed the increase in intensity?

Also...isn't it interesting that with the Gulf Stream and with the feeder bands on the E and S, that hurricanes going W into Miami area continue to strengthen over land for a short time (Andrew did too, right?).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center