FloydRTurbo
(Verified CFHC User)
Fri Aug 26 2005 02:38 PM
Re: flight delay

I heard on TWC this morning that the seciton of the road that collapsed was under construction at the time. I would have been very suprised if even a strong Cat 1 took out a road section like that.

First poster, I've been following this website closely for that last couple weeks, great information from everyone on here. I am an insurance adjuster (independent) so i am understandably curious as to where, when and how badly Mother Nature intends to strike. I have a new found respect for her since working Ivan as my first storm in Gulf Breeze last year and I feel for all those in the panhandle that have this storm potentially bearing down on them after strong activity earlier this year. I wouldn't wish these storms on anyone - I think I got a taste of the true devastating nature, I visited Port Charlotte to get some field experience prior to getting assigned to Ivan - so I've been to 2 of the top 4 most costly hurricane sites (according to NHC not adjusted for inflation)

It's interesting to note that the system did appear to stall temporarily (only for a few frames on http://radar.weather.gov/radar/loop/DS.p19r0/si.kbyx.shtml) but now appears to have a more westerly than southwesterly component as previously shown http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/gmex-ir4-loop.html. Time will tell if this is just a wobble of an indication of the start of the northerly turning trend already. Fickle storm isn't it? At the outset it would appear that the GFDL model is still holding it's own as it has earlier this year, even though all models seems to be having trouble with this storm.

Everyone keep safe this year - and if the storm is headed your way, don't mess around. Get out! One of my first insureds I visited in Milton stayed last year for Ivan and ended up in their attic after 4 feet of water filled thei house - they had to break an escape hole in the roof.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center