LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Aug 26 2005 03:05 PM
Re: Katrina Back Over the Water

Hi. My mind is just coming back to working order. Long Night in Miami.. amazing storm. Reading along here and wanted to add that I respect this storm tremendously and it's desire to go west and not pull north and really do believe that after looking at the water vapor loops and models that this storm will follow the western side of the forecast track. When a storm follows the pattern this storm has.. turning west around Miami vs going through the Keys on an angle it is more likely it keeps going west longer. Andrew and Betsy being examples and they both went to LA.. not the Panhandle.

Will see as the day unfolds but the one thing I do think will be a given is a little longer in the Gulf and it will turn into a Major Storm.

Guess this is the last Katrina we will see.

Any news on the family of five missing in the Gulf/Florida Bay who left Marathon early yesterday and haven't been heard from since?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center