Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Aug 26 2005 08:11 PM
Re: Direction

Quote:

Model plots continue to move farther west....way west...after Ivan and Dennis, this is driving me nuts! If this hits near Pensacola..Iwill return in a few weeks with the new screen name of Arizona!!!!!!

Remember what I said earlier about the padded room LOL!

Yes, faster than you can make a pb&j, the model guidance clustered around the central FL peninsula, then went to evenly dist over N GOM, now clustering around LA/MS (what's with the latest BAMS?). FLIP FLOP! (I just love saying that -- it doesn't actually apply, because all the change means is that each run is taking into account the newest weather data, and these chaotic systems aren't the easiest things to track long range with so many variables).

I prefer giddy silliness to the padded room. Just wait until Sun night; we'll all be a little goofy by then.

I expect we'll see a met post soon that'll explain the reasoning behind the changes in model guidance in terms of the overall weather pats. I think everyone is waiting for the 5pm advis and to see what shakes out from that.

One hard call after another...that's really what is making Katrina most interesting.

Well one good thing, as long as Katrina stays put, we can watch her on Miami long-range radar.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center